Apr 30, 2012

More painting...

Hey everyone! Hope you had a great weekend!

What did I do this weekend? Well, I painted the living room! Remember how I was kind of bummed about the beige overload goin' on in there?


A couple weeks ago, I mentioned I finally picked a new color -- a blue-gray by Behr called Misty Morn. Two weekends ago, I painted our dining room-turned sitting room the same color, but still hadn't gotten to the living room.

On Saturday, the hubs and I moved all the living room furniture out into the sitting room. This was the scene at my house Sunday morning -- a living room nearly empty and ready for a new coat of paint.


With the sectional in the sitting room, I can see how it will look against the blue walls. I think I'm going to like it a lot!


I managed to paint the whole room -- two coats! -- in one day. And man, my arms and back are sore! But I'm so happy to have this painted and can't wait to see it with all the furniture back in! I'll have some pictures for you soon.

Meanwhile, the rest of our house is a complete disaster. Like the office, which is also full of stuff from the living room:


I cannot wait to get things back in order.

Oh, and before I go, I'm so happy to say that my DIY rope knot was featured on The DIY Showoff's Project Parade!! I've gotten a lot of new visitors, so hello and welcome to you all -- I hope you'll stick around for a while. :)

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Christina said...

that color is gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see the finished room!! :)

Roeshel said...

Beautiful color!

Thank YOU for sharing your creativity! ;)