Apr 13, 2012

Feelin' the blues


No worries -- I'm not feeling sad or anything! Well, only a tad sad over my trouble picking a new paint color for the living room. I always get so excited about picking paint colors in the beginning...then I end up with a zillion swatches and samples on the wall and get a little discouraged.

As I mentioned earlier this week, we have plans to turn our dining room into a sitting room, and paint both the living room and the sitting room the same color. The rooms are open to each other, but separated by the stairwell. Here's a look at it (decorated at Christmastime!):


We decided to go with a blue that's got a little gray undertone in it. But, as you can see, we had to try out a lot of colors...


But we did pick a couple favorites: Offshore Mist and Misty Morn, both by Behr.



I'm leaning towards Offshore Mist, while the hubs likes Misty Morn. Of course, after I snapped these photos, I put three more samples on the wall. I'm keeping those Home Depot paint guys busy!

It's been really tough to pick a color, since they look completely different in the beige living room and the maroon dining room. Don't they all look practically white here?


I found images of both colors online. Here's Offshore Mist...



And Misty Morn...



I've been pinning some inspiration photos lately for both the living room and the sitting room. I love how the blue walls and green curtains look here, but I think it's a little too glam for my style.

Source: hgtv.com via Mindy on Pinterest


This one's glam, too, but so gorgeous! I love the chunky crown molding against the blue walls.



We've got black furniture in our living room, so I like how this photo shows how it would look against a blue wall. I like it!


Source: houzz.com via Mindy on Pinterest


Light and airy with lots of neutrals...



More black accents...



I'd love to use some coastal elements in the living room and/or sitting room. I love this rattan coffee table!



I love the textures in here and the little details, especially the window shades and the rope holding that pendant light. And those chairs!

Source: bhg.com via Mindy on Pinterest


I saw this mood board on Seventh House on the Left for a cool and coastal living room and it was like they made it for me! It's got a beige sectional (check), a blue-gray wall color (soon-to-be-check), and a coastal painting that happened to look a lot like the one I just bought on impulse at HomeGoods.


I can't wait to pick a paint color and get to work! Wish me luck...

1 comment:

Kate said...

I would surely go with off shore mist. :)