Mar 14, 2012

Pillows so easy, it's like cheating


Howdy, all! I hope you're all having a great week so far. I know I haven't been around much lately, so I apologize...I've got more stuff coming real soon, I promise!

But I had to stop in and show you the easiest DIY pillows ever -- can you guess what they are? Yep, placemat pillows! Have you ever made one of these? I swear, there's no way to mess it up.

All you need is a cloth placemat, some polyfill and a needle and thread. You need a placemat that's lined, so it's not just one piece of fabric, but two sewn together, like this:


This is the one I nabbed recently on clearance at Target:


You use a seam ripper to separate the two pieces, just wide enough to fit your hand and some stuffing inside. Then, you just sew up the hole!


And in about five minutes, you have brand new pillows.


I thought these were cute little spring-y pillows. And the placemats were on clearance for like $2 each. A DIY project that's thrifty and easy -- that's my kind of project!

Is this a flower or fried egg design?? Hard to say...

I'm planning to pair these pillows with a few others I'm making to jazz up our new sectional. Can't wait to show you!

I saw a bunch of really cute placemats at Target the other day that would make great pillows. See?



I really love this bird one!


I totally wanted to buy more and keep making pillows forever...but I restrained myself.

Here's another placemat pillow I made for Christmas. It cost me less than $5, while similar holiday pillows were selling at Target for $20.


Have you made any placemat pillows? Do you totally want to now? Head to Target! I may have restrained myself, but that doesn't mean I can't enable you all :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sooo easy...and I thought that I sew the easiest pillow lol I will totaly try this one