Apr 11, 2011

A little taste of spring


Howdy! First off, thanks to all your kind comments on our entryway makeover! You're too sweet! We're definitely happy to have that space working better for us.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a busy one: threw a bridal shower for a friend, went to the drive-in restaurant and had some yummy lobster rolls and frappes* with the hubs, did some much-needed cleaning and got to spend a little time outside as the mercury topped 60 degrees -- finally! 

*Don't know what a frappe is? Click here and read the first bullet. And then drool.

Our Sunday gave us a little of this...


and this...


and this.

Confession: I usually drink my margarita out of a pint glass. I don't mess around!

We brought our patio furniture out from exile and back onto the deck -- even though we had to shovel a couple remaining piles of snow to make room for it. And there's still some left in the yard where the sun don't shine.

Oy

I also poked around the garden and was excited to see some things sprouting. Since it's our first spring here, we have no idea what the warm weather will bring in the gardens the previous owner planted. Let's hope I can actually keep them alive!

Daffodils...

??


I can't wait to really get my hands dirty as soon as the weather cooperates. As of last week, it was still getting below freezing here at night, although it should be warmer this week. I hope my little daffodils are tougher than they look!

How was your weekend? Do anything to welcome warmer temps?

No comments: