Apr 21, 2011

Dreaming of white bedding

Lately I've been really craving some crisp white bedding. I think it's the arrival of spring that's making me want something light and fresh in our bedroom. I've never been a huge fan of white bedding before, but lately I'm dying to switch out our heavy, brown comforter for an airy white quilt or bedspread and some fluffy white pillows. 

Depending on the rest of the room's decor, white bedding can be minimalist...


or cozy...


or beachy...

or elegant...


or rustic...


or modern...


or classic...

or playful.


My favorite? Sarah Jessica Parker's bedroom. Simple, elegant and inviting.


With all the rain we've been having here in Maine, I could just curl up in that bed and take a nice long nap.

What are you craving lately? Am I totally crazy for wanting white bedding?? How easy is it to keep clean?

See more of SJP's house here -- it's gorgeous!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Oh you've read my mind!!! I would LOVE some white bedding...my husband just doesn't think it's practical :/

Mindy @ Heart Maine Home said...

Mine's the same! I asked him about it again after a long day, and he was too tired to argue and just said, "Oh, I don't care." Which to me means "YES!"

But then I picked out a white quilt at Target, and he said the stitching reminded him of an "old lady's coat"...so I guess that one's out :)

Jackie Gutjahr said...

Thanks for your post. I am also thinking of replacing our chocolate brown duvet cover with fresh crisp white bedding. The look I am going for is classic or romantic. We just moved and our new master bedroom has beautiful grey and white flower wallpaper which has a very romantic feel. I have brought home about 6 different duvets already and none of the grey or black ones looked nearly as good as when I tried a white duvet on our bed.

Good luck finding the perfect white bedspread! And if you hear of any tips for keeping it clean please post them as I am also concerned.