Jan 20, 2011

Welcome!

On Oct. 29, 2010, my husband and I became the proud parents of a six-year-old home in semi-rural Maine. It’s very well-behaved, but like any youngster it can be temperamental from time to time, and has lots of growing up to do. We’re very excited to raise this house and mold it into our first home. 

We had to do some growing up to get here. Last year, after four years of dating, we got married. 




We also made the tough choice to move out of our apartment and in with my parents for nine months, so we could save up a nice down payment. During those nine months, we planned and saved and prepared. We took a class on how to be good house parents, and we read books to make sure we were ready for the big day. We were nervous and excited and hopeful. When we finally walked through the door, we knew one thing: This house was meant to be ours.



We know being first-time homeowners won’t be easy. There’s a lot to learn and projects to tackle, but we’re ready for the challenge. I’ll be chronicling our adventures as we paint, decorate, DIY and learn what it takes to build a great marriage and a great home. And we’ll be doing it all in our great home state of Maine. I hope you’ll stick around.

Click the tabs above to learn more about me and our home, and get in touch. Want to learn more about the journey that got us here? Check out my old blog. I can’t wait to make connections with all of you and share ideas on how to raise the perfect home.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Love the new blog, and what an adorable header! I'm excited to follow along. :)

Unknown said...

I could read your stories all day long...

Elaine said...

Great idea! Hopefully we'll be joining you in the new homeowner stage soon!

Mindy @ Heart Maine Home said...

Thanks for the love, all. :)

I've got my fingers crossed for you guys, Elaine!