Aug 12, 2013

Summer is flying by

Hi, everyone! Sorry for the radio silence over the last couple of weeks. I don't know what happened to the rest of July...all the sudden it's practically two weeks into August! Crazy how that happens.

So I'm here today just to give you a quick update on what I've been up to the last couple of weeks. In no particular order...

We drove up to the top of Mt. Washington...


We enjoyed some Maine summer favorites -- beach, lobster and camping...


We visited some friends and got up close and personal with some sea life in Boston...


We bought a new dishwasher. Our old dishwasher broke for the third time in less than three years, so instead of fixing it, we decided to replace it. We bought this Whirlpool Gold on sale at Lowe's. We're pretty happy with it so far! It cleans well, is relatively quiet and holds lots of dishes.


I did a little thrifting...


And I started painting our bedroom. Our bedroom was pistachio green when we bought our house, so we immediately painted it a Behr color called Mushroom Bisque. But it didn't take long for us to dislike the color. We rushed picking a color so we could paint before we moved in our furniture, and we didn't examine it in all lights. Our bedroom doesn't get a lot of light, and the color was just too dark. We were craving something light and bright...and we're on our way to getting it! I'll post more about it soon when I'm finished.


So that's what I've been up to! What about you?

No comments: